Sriracha Mango Quesadillas are naturally sweet from mango chunks but also spicy from sriracha and pepper-jack cheese. Add rotisserie chicken for a quick weeknight dinner made in a skillet in just minutes.
Recently, I tried a chicken quesadilla at a great Mexican restaurant and couldn’t believe how bland it was. I was sure I could make a quick version that didn’t taste like cardboard and developed this recipe for sriracha mango quesadillas. I started by mixing rotisserie chicken with sriracha and then added pepper-jack and cheddar cheese with some fresh mango thrown in. Chicken sriracha mango quesadillas were super quick and we loved the slightly sweet mango mixed with the spicy sauce. While the mango was an afterthought, it is the star of the show here s0 find one that is perfectly ripe.
How to pick a perfect mango
- Squeeze it gently and a ripe mango will give slightly
- Some varieties will have a sweet smell to them at the stem, so give them a sniff
- If they are not soft when you bring them home, put them in a brown paper bag and let them sit overnight. Mangos will continue to ripen off the tree. If they are picked too early, they will still ripen but won’t have as much flavor.
How to make a quick and easy chicken sriracha mango quesadilla
A nice feature about quesadillas is that everyone can fine tune their quesadilla.
Step 1: Combine shredded chicken and sriracha and place on half of an 8 inch flour tortilla. Top with cheese, peppers and cilantro.
Step 2: You don’t need to fry quesadillas in lots of oil, you can just place a little olive oil in a non-stick skillet and let it cook over low heat. After burning the first one, I discovered that a low heat is needed, so be more patient than I was. Cook until golden brown and then flip. Top with green onions, greek yogurt or sour cream and sprinkle some ground chipotle on top.
I’ve used the flat griddle that I use for pancakes which makes it easier to flip them but also I’ve used a 10 inch skillet. We all agreed these were 10 times better than the restaurant version and still easy enough for a weeknight. quesadillas can also be made on the grill, check out Grilled Quesadillas with Shrimp.
Need some more ideas for QUICK dinners, here are a few of my favorites
- One pot spaghetti
- Chicken enchiladas
- Shrimp packs
- Hot Browns
- Queso chicken
- Tex-Mex chicken and rice
- Baked rice with Italian sausage
- BBQ cups
- Grilled tequila chicken
- Smash burgers
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Sriracha Mango Quesadillas
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ mango diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ jalepeno diced
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- green onions chopped
- ground chipotle pepper
- greek yogurt/sour cream
- Shred roasted chicken in a bowl and mix with sriracha and place on half of a tortilla.
- Add cheese, jalepenos, cilantro and mango and fold in half.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium low heat and sprinkle with olive oil. Cook folded quesadillas until golden brown and flip and cook the other side.
- Top with chopped green onions and serve with greek yogurt or sour cream sprinkled with chipotle powder.