Sriracha Mango Quesadillas are naturally sweet from mango chunks but also spicy from sriracha and pepper-jack cheese. A quick weeknight dinner made in the skillet in just minutes.
Recently, I tried a chicken quesadilla at a great Mexican restaurant and couldn’t believe how bland it was. I was sure I could make a quick version that didn’t taste like cardboard. I started by mixing rotisserie chicken with sriracha and then added pepper-jack and cheddar cheese with some fresh mango thrown in. Sriracha Mango Quesadillas were super quick and we loved the slightly sweet mango mixed with the spicy sauce. While the mango was an afterthought, it is the star of the show here s0 find one that is perfectly ripe.
How to pick a perfect mango
- Squeeze it gently and a ripe mango will give slightly
- Some varieties will have a sweet smell to them at the stem, so give them a sniff
- If they are not soft when you bring them home, put them in a brown paper bag and let them sit overnight. Mangos will continue to ripen off the tree. If they are picked too early, they will still ripen but won’t have as much flavor.
How to make a quick and easy Sriracha Mango Quesadilla
A nice feature about Sriracha Mango Quesadillas is that everyone can fine tune their quesadilla.
Pick your filling and yo are ready to go. You don’t need to fry quesadillas in lots of oil, you can just place a little olive oil in a non-stick skillet and let them cook over low heat. After burning the first one, I discovered that a low heat is needed, so be more patient than I was. I’ve used the flat griddle that I use for pancakes which made it easier to flip them but also have just used a 10 inch skillet. We all agreed these were 10 times better than the restaurant version and still easy enough for a weeknight. Quesadillas can also be made on the grill, check out Grilled Quesadillas with Shrimp and Corn.
Need some more ideas for QUICK dinners, here are a few of my favorites
Sriracha Mango Quesadillas
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ mango diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ jalepeno diced
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- green onions chopped
- ground chipotle pepper
- greek yogurt
- Layer roasted chicken, sriracha, cheese, jalepenos, cilantro and mango on half of a flour tortilla. Fold over and place in a skillet sprayed with olive oil over medium low heat. Flip and cook on other side. Top with green onions, and greek yogurt and sprinkle with ground chipotle pepper.