I have a house full of guinea pigs this week and have had a blast trying out new things on them. They’ve all been good sports about trying something new and waiting for me to take photos!. Grilled quesadillas with shrimp and corn has been one of our favorites.
What’s the best way to grill corn
What makes these quesadilla’s stand out is the grilled corn. I’ve cooked corn on the grill before, cooking it in the husks, but I was never that impressed. It seems to have an earthy taste from the husks. Instead, try putting a little butter, salt and pepper on the corn and wrap it in foil on the grill. Cook it for about 30 minutes. I let it cool a bit and cut it off the cob. It had the best flavor.
I also grilled the scallions but it’s the corn that makes these so delicious. The shrimp was seasoned with lime and chili powder and topped with pepper jack cheese.
Everyone assembled them per their preference. Once assembled, I folded them over and placed them on the grill for a few minutes until the cheese melted. I’m going to start adding grilled corn to everything. I can’t wait to pick up some more at the farmer’s market.
If you want something besides burgers for your next cook-out give these a try. You can assemble everything in advance and just put them on the grill for a few minutes before serving. We had ours with guacamole and chips.
If you are pressed for time, pre-cook the corn wrapped in plastic wrap in the microwave until almost tender and then place on the grill for just a few minutes.
Looking for more Tex-Mex dinner recipes
- Creamy Queso
- Tex-Mex spaghetti
- Easy enchiladas
- Spicy chicken and rice
- Tequila marinated wings
- Chicken and queso
- Taco chicken
- Stuffed peppers
- Tamale pie
- Peach and chicken taquitos
- Mango quesadillas
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Adapted from Seriously Delish
Grilled Corn and Shrimp Quesadillas
- 6 scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Pre-cooked shrimp cooked and peeled
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 to flour tortillas
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2 ears corn grilled
- To grill corn, rub with a little butter and salt and pepper and wrap each ear in foil. Place on medium-high heat of grill. Cook for about 30 minutes or until done, rotating every 5-10 minutes. The corn should be a little brown. Let cool and remove from ear.
- Place whole scallions on grill and cook for 5 minutes until browned. Let cool and slice.
- Place pre-cooked shrimp in a bowl and add lime zest, juice, and seasonings. Toss to combine.
- Place tortilla on flat surface and on half of the tortilla, add cheese, shrimp mixture, scallions and corn. Fold in half and carefully place on the grill. Let cook until cheese has melted turning once.
- Serve with guacamole.