Strawberry biscuits couldn’t be more perfect for brunch or tea, just a hint of sweetness so you can add some jam and cream without feeling like it’s dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 1x
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 16 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, drained and smashed
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Demerara/Turbinado sugar
- heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425º. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Process until combined. Add cold butter and process until it resembles coarse meal.
3. Add strawberries and buttermilk and process just until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a rectangle. Cut rectangle into 4ths and stack on top of each other. Pat down into a rectangle and repeat 3 more times.
4. Pat or roll dough to 1 1/2 inch thickness. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cutter cut dough without twisting. Place on prepared pan and freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Brush with cream and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
Can be made into mini biscuits. Best the same day. Can freeze and toast slightly before serving.