The easiest way to enjoy strawberries is with a strawberry cobbler. Strawberries baked with a slightly sweet biscuit on top are the perfect way to enjoy the last of the season’s berries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 4 cups strawberries, shopped into large pieces
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- BISCUIT TOPPING
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine strawberries with sugar and cornstarch and add to prepared pan.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, add butter and incorporate into the flour leaving some small pieces. In a separate bowl slightly beat egg with milk and vanilla and add to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until the dough forms.
4. Using an ice-cream scoop or a large spoon, top the strawberries with the biscuit dough. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cooked though. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream.