Stroganoff Burgers are just what you need for dinner if you don’t want to grill out. Not only do you get a great tasting burger, but it’s covered in a creamy mushroom sauce that’s great over egg noodles. An EASY dinner that takes no time to prepare.
I know this is the time of year when most people are cooking burgers outside on the grill, but sometimes that’s not always possible, you’ll find that Stroganoff Burgers are a great alternative. One advantage to cooking burgers on the stove is that all of the juices stay in the pan resulting in a savory sauce.
How do you make stroganoff burgers
- Start by just cooking the burgers in a skillet and then removing them to a plate after they were cooked through.
- Next add some mushrooms and onions to the drippings from the burgers and let them slowly cook until soft.
- Add a little wine and beef broth. I’ve tried this with just wine and I think a combination is better.
- At the end, add a little cream and sour cream which gives it the classic stroganoff taste.
- Add the burgers back to the pan and let them simmer for a few minutes so the sauce can thicken a bit.
The final result is a creamy sauce with a tangy flavor.
I loved this all by itself but it was great over egg noodles.
Looking for more thirty minute meals
- Make dinner more interesting with apricot dijon chicken
- Go Tex-Mex with chicken and rice
- Try a baked apple pancake and have breakfast for dinner
- Pasta with lemon chicken is a quick and easy choice
If you make Stroganoff Burgers, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
slightly adapted from Peace Love and Lowcarb
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- ½ cup onion diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, half the garlic and seasonings. Form into 4-6 patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium high heat, browning on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, olive oil and wine. Reduce heat to medium and add onion, mushrooms and the rest of the garlic. Saute until onions are starting to turn brown and mushrooms are tender. Add beef broth and cook until slightly reduced. Stir in sour cream and heavy cream. Add patties back to the pan and let simmer uncovered on low for about 10 minutes.