If you love your potatoes crispy, then you’re going to love Super-Crunchy Roasted Potatoes. With just one added step you get the crispiest roasted potatoes.
Who loves potatoes that are crispy and crunchy on all sides? If that’s you, then I have the best recipe to share. These Super-Crunchy Roasted Potatoes really are super-crunchy. While I love potatoes just roasted in the oven, Taylor does not like potatoes unless they are extremely crisp, no soggy potatoes for her. The rest of us love potatoes in almost any form like roasted new potatoes, or potatoes and crispy onions.
However, I was determined to find a way to make potatoes that even Taylor would like. These were a winner, there was not a single potato left at the end of the meal and she even requests them now when she comes home!
How do you make CRISPY oven roasted potatoes:
Normally I just drizzle olive oil and rosemary over chopped up potatoes and roast them. They will get slightly crispy on the outside which I love. But if you want really crispy, super-crunchy potatoes, you have to take an additional step.
First, cut your potatoes into evenly diced bite size cubes. By making them as equal as possible, you won’t get some that are overdone. But don’t worry those burnt ones are pretty tasty too.
Second, you will par boil the potatoes until they are starting to soften but are not completely cooked.
Third, drain the water and put the lid back on the pot and then SHAKE the potatoes until they look a little fluffy on the outside. Give them a few good shakes.
Fourth, place a skillet in the oven with oil and heat it up. Once it’s hot, add the potatoes and let them cook for about an hour, turning every so often to make sure they don’t get too crispy.
I promise these will be so crispy and not greasy. We loved them.
What can you serve for dinner with Super-Crunchy Roasted Potatoes:
- Skillet chicken with grapes
- Marinated herb steak
- Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon
- Apples and mussels
- Hotdogs with a spiral cut
- Smash burgers with special sauce
- Baked chicken wings
- Sund dried tomato Chicken
- Drumsticks with a peach glaze
If you make these Super-Crunchy Roasted Potatoes be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Super-Crunchy Roasted Potatoes
- 8 Russet or new potatoes (1 ½ lbs) peeled
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475º.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Add water to a large deep pot and add potato pieces and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15 -20 minutes or until par boiled. Don't over cook them or they will be too mushy.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pot. Cover and give the pan a really good shake to fluff up the potatoes.
- Add the oil to an iron skillet or oven proof pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes until it is smoking hot. Remove and turn the temperature down to 425º. CAREFULLY add the potatoes then sprinkle with rosemary and plenty of salt.
- Return to oven and roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the potatoes are really crispy and golden brown. Turn half way through.