This is a particularly nice dish if you have folks who don’t love eggs, they are there but you might not even notice with the sweet potatoes, bacon and gruyere. So if you’re tired of omelets or quiche, think about making a frittata for a simple and quick healthy breakfast everyone will love.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Sweet Potato Frittata
Sweet Potato Frittata is a healthy breakfast you would never even guess is healthy. Sweet potatoes with just a little bacon for both a sweet and savory addition to eggs. Brunch will never be the same.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: breakfast
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallots, thinly chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup gruyere, 4 ounces
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to Broil and place rack in the middle.
2. Place chopped sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add 1/2 inch of water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until tender but not mushy.
3. In a large oven proof skillet, cook chopped bacon until brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and dry with a paper towel. Add to the same skillet along with shallots and cook, stirring frequently until browned, about 5 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, gruyere, sage and salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and add pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat using a rubber spatula to pull eggs from the sides of the skillet. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until he eggs are partially cooked. Remove from heat and add bacon and goat cheese.
6. Place in oven for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set and the top has started to brown. Sprinkle with chives prior to serving.