What is a FRITTATA
How do you make a sweet potato frittata
Step 1: Chop the sweet potatoes and cook them slightly in the microwave.
Step 2: In an oven proof skillet cook the bacon and remove to a plate. In the same skillet add the slightly cooked sweet potatoes and shallots and cook until browned.
Step 3: Whisk together the eggs, cheese and seasoning and add to the sweet potatoes and shallots in the skillet. Partially cook the eggs for 1 minute and add bacon and goat cheese and place in the oven for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
This is a particularly nice dish if you have folks who don’t love eggs, they are there but you might not even notice with the sweet potatoes, bacon and gruyere. So if you’re tired of omelets or quiche, think about making a frittata for a simple and quick healthy breakfast everyone will love.
More savory breakfast or brunch ideas
- Breakfast burritos are easily adaptable, freeze them and you’ll have breakfast on the go
- Baked eggs and mushrooms are a great low carb breakfast made in individual ramekins
- You might like a savory apple and sausage pie
- I love English muffin melts with egg salad
Looking for something sweet to go with sweet potato frittata, check out these favorites
- A pumpkin cream cheese muffin is so moist with a crunchy streusel topping
- Peach streusel cake is an awesome addition to any brunch
- Make individual cinnamon rolls with apples
- A berry pastry braid goes good with anything
If you make a Sweet Potato Frittata, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Sweet Potato Frittata
- 2 cups sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 thick slices bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallots thinly chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup gruyere 4 ounces
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Preheat oven to Broil and place rack in the middle.
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add 1/2 inch of water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until tender but not mushy.
- In a large oven proof skillet, cook chopped bacon until brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Drain sweet potatoes and dry with a paper towel. Add to the same skillet along with shallots and cook, stirring frequently until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, gruyere, sage and salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat using a rubber spatula to pull eggs from the sides of the skillet. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until he eggs are partially cooked. Remove from heat and add bacon and goat cheese.
- Place in oven for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set and the top has started to brown. Sprinkle with chives prior to serving.