Tiger Butter is an EASY rich and creamy dessert that will melt in your mouth. With just three ingredients it couldn’t be simpler. It’s a great holiday dessert to serve at a party or give as gifts.
Taylor first introduced us to Tiger Butter when her fourth grade teacher brought some to class. It seemed so exotic with its swirls and stripes. It’s been a favorite ever since and the girls always love to give it to friends at Christmas. Since this is such an easy fudge recipe, you can get the kids involved, all you need is a microwave. It’s so much fun to make the swirls.
What do you need for this creamy Christmas candy
All you need are three ingredients, so make sure you use the best quality you can find. Two of the ingredients are probably in your pantry, peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The third ingredient is white chocolate.
If you want this to be super creamy and melt in your mouth, then use a really good quality white chocolate bar, or white chocolate chips or wafers. Please do not use almond bark, it is not white chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Jiff creamy for me, or crunchy if you want more texture
- White Chocolate bar or chips – Ghirardelli or Lindt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips Ghirardelli or Guittard (affiliate links)
With butter in the name it’s kind of funny that it doesn’t even have butter in the recipe. You can add bittersweet chocolate to the mix if you’re a dark chocolate fan. You can also use crunchy peanut butter, but I live in a house of smooth peanut butter lovers. These need to be kept in the refrigerator or they ‘ll get melty.
How do you MAKE Tiger Butter Fudge
Step 1: Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
The tricky part to making anything with white chocolate is that it’s very sensitive to heat. If white chocolate gets too hot, it gets stiff and you have to throw it out and start again. To avoid this, cook it at 50% power and stir it every 30 seconds. It should take about two minutes.
As an added precaution, I add just a scoop of the peanut butter at the beginning with the white chocolate to keep it from scorching. Once its melted add the rest of the peanut butter and stir to combine.
Step 2: Pour the white chocolate peanut butter mixture into a lined 9 x 13 pan.
Step 3: In a small microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Pour this over the white chocolate peanut butter mixture.
Step 3: Take a butter knife and swirl it to get the stripes.
Step 4: Refrigerate for about 3 hours before cutting.
I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love Tiger Butter. While it’s made with peanut butter, that isn’t the predominate flavor. It’s creamy and rich and perfect for the holidays. It has no added sugar although it’s plenty sweet with all of the white chocolate.
FAQ’s and tips
Use a good quality of white chocolate chips or bar. For a splurge try a white chocolate Lindt bar.
I would not recommend it. Almond bark is not white chocolate and has a completely different taste and texture.
Any type of chocolate will work, semi-sweet, dark or milk, use what you like the most.
Either will work but creamy will give you that smooth velvety texture.
More WHITE CHOCOLATE recipes to try
- White chocolate Chex mix can be a little addictive
- How about trying some white chocolate pretzel bark with toffee
- White chocolate is great in peppermint brownies
- If you want a cookie, then try white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
Holiday treats you’ll love
- Chocolate chip shortbreads
- Peanut butter sandwich cookies
- Peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Cherry crinkle cookies
- Sprinkle cookies
- S’more cookies
- Cranberry shortbreads
As an Amazon Affiliate I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
- 1 lb white chocolate bars broken into pieces or 2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups peanut butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup
- Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate pieces in a large microwavable bowl along with a tablespoon or so of peanut butter. Microwave on medium (50% power for 1 1/2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Be careful not to let this cook too much. Remove before completely melted and stir until all pieces have melted. Add remaining peanut butter and stir. Microwave on medium high for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Stir well. Spread into prepared pan.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on medium (50% power) for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove before completely melted and stir to melt remaining pieces. Pour over peanut-butter mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Cut into small triangles.
- Use good quality white and dark chocolate
- You can use white chocolate chips or white chocolate bars, do not use almond bark
- Refrigerate before cutting
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze
- Make sure you microwave on medium power to keep the chocolate from seizing
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.