This easy and quick-to-make party dip is always a hit — watch it fly off the table! It’s a baked cream cheese dip with crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese. Before baking, top the dip with crushed Ritz crackers for added crunch. Ready within 35 minutes, serve once brown-edged and bubbling!
Everyone Will Love this Bacon Cheddar Dip
A super cheesy, creamy dish filled with crispy bacon and topped with crunchy Ritz crackers… could it get any better? This recipe has all the mouth watering flavor combos with the addition of crumbly textures. Needless to say, you’ll reach for this when you need some quick party appetizer ideas.
When choosing appetizers for entertaining whether it’s game day a holiday or just having friends over, you can never go wrong with something cheesy. Add bacon and you’ll always have a winner. Serve it alongside a hot pimento cheese and corn dip, vidalia onion dip, or creamy queso dip with chorizo, all creamy hot appetizers that everyone loves and will compliment the flavor of the bacon.
In addition to cheese, crispy bacon is the real reason why this dip goes so quickly. People go crazy for perfectly cooked bacon recipes! Just wrap something in bacon like bacon wrapped tater tots, or bacon wrapped chicken bites and everyone will be singing your praises. With bacon cream cheese dip, you’ll get crispy bacon and creamy cheese in every bite.
What Makes Baked Cream Cheese Dip So Special
- A great recipe made in minutes with simple ingredients you probably already have
- It goes well with crostini, baguette slices, tortilla chips, or fresh veggies
- You can serve it hot or at room temperature making it the perfect appetizer for your next party
- The crunchy Ritz cracker topping makes this recipe stand out
What You’ll Need for an Easy Party Dip
- Cream cheese – Make sure you use full fat cream cheese for the best results
- Mayonnaise – This adds some tang but there’s not too much so that it breaks down when heated.
- Green onions – These give a mild onion flavor that isn’t too pungent. Feel free to add more spices like garlic powder or ranch seasoning if desired.
- Cheese – Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese is the prime choice for this easy dip recipe.
- Bacon – Crispy bacon works best for this recipe.
- Ritz crackers – The soft yet crumbly texture of Ritz is the perfect topping for this hot dip. You could use panko crumbs with butter instead.
Pro Tip: Do you know how to get the crispiest bacon? Add flour and avoid the splatter and get super crispy and tasty bacon.
How to soften cream cheese
You will need the cream cheese to be at room temperature. You can take it out of the refrigerator and wait about an hour, or for this recipe, you can quickly soften it by placing the unopened package in bowl of hot water.
Simple Steps for Making Baked Cheddar Cheese Dip
Step 1: Cook the bacon
You want crispy bacon with minimal to no excess grease. Once cooked, pat it off with a paper towel to remove any grease. Crumble it into small pieces.
Pro Tip: When making a lot of baking, it can be easier to cook the bacon in the oven. Just place in a cold oven on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. No splatter all over your stove, and clean up is easy.
Step 2: Mix ingredients
Mix the cream cheese and mayo then add the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3: Top and bake
Add Ritz crackers on top of the dip then bake. Serve hot!
Pro Tip: You can prep this easy recipe ahead of time and bake right before you’re ready to serve. This way, you’ll have a hot and fresh dip straight out of the oven.
Some Helpful Tips for Making Cream Cheese Dips
- Room temperature cream cheese – Room temperature cream cheese compared to cold cream cheese will mix much better. Set it out 10-15 minutes before preparing for best results.
- Thin bacon – Using thin sliced bacon is a great idea because it gets extra crispy. You won’t be able to taste the difference between thin and thick bacon in the dip.
- Shallow serving dish – A casserole dish or something similar works best for serving. This way, people don’t have to dig to the bottom of a bowl. You can also serve this in a bread bowl. Just scoop it out into a bread bowl once it has baked.
Bacon Cream Cheese Dip FAQs
Can you heat up bacon cheese dip?
If you’re serving this dip as leftovers, you can heat it up in the microwave in 1 minute intervals until warm. Although this dip does taste best fresh, reheated leftovers are still wonderful.
What goes with hot bacon cheese dip?
Any type of cracker like pita chips, Ritz crackers, tortilla chips, potato chips, Fritos, etc. will pair great with this recipe. You can also serve with fresh vegetables like bell peppers, celery sticks, or carrot sticks and with baguette slices or crostini.
Can you make a bacon dip ahead of time?
You can make the bacon dip ahead, just wait to add the Ritz cracker crumbs until right before baking.
Cheese Dip Variations
- Add some spice with hot sauce or buffalo sauce
- Add a variety of cheeses like mild cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- You can add a packet of Ranch dressing mix
- Throw in some black olives
How to Store Ritz Cracker Dip
Storing – Store this dip in an airtight container or cover in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bake when ready to serve. You can refrigerate this dip after you’ve baked it, but it’s better fresh.
Freezing – I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Dips to Try Next
- It’s great to have cold dips along with hot, give a cheesy corn dip or layered shrimp dip a try.
- Try one without cheese like a fresh peach and corn dip.
- If you want more hot dips, you can’t go wrong with pimento cheese dip or a baked spinach and artichoke dip with out mayonnaise..
More bacon recipes
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
Quick-Baked Bacon Cream Cheese Dip with Ritz Crackers
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese 1 cup
- 1 ½ pounds bacon crispy
- 10 ritz crackers crushed
- Cook the bacon until it is crisp, place it on a paper towel lined plate and pat off any grease. Crumble or cut into small pieces.
- With a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add green onions, cheese and bacon. Mix until well combined and place in a baking dish.
- Crush about 10 crackers and sprinkle on the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until it is bubbly.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- You can bake the bacon on a foil lined baking sheet at 400º for 25 minutes.
- Try using thin sliced bacon which will get crispier than thick cut.
- You can prepare ahead of time, just wait to add the crackers until right before baking.