Bacon wrapped chicken bites would be delicious all by themselves, but add some Boursin and jalapeño and you and a melt-in-your-mouth, amazing appetizer. Great for a party or Game Day. Surprisingly not greasy because they’re baked on a wire rack.
I’ve been on a mission to make the perfect bacon wrapped chicken bites. Each time I make a batch I’ve changed something, either the seasoning on the outside, the bacon itself or the mixture on the inside. My family has loved all of them and now I finally found the combination that I think is just perfect. I was looking for savory, not sweet.
First for the bacon, thin sliced works best as it’s easier to wrap around your pieces of chicken. However, if you’re using a thicker cut, you will need to secure them with a toothpick. I tried apple wood smoked and plain bacon but my favorite was a thick sliced pepper bacon from Fresh Market. It has a little kick to it.
What is Boursin Cheese
Boursin cheese is a French Gourney cheese infused with garlic, parsley and chives. The texture is similar to cream cheese. It’s great by itself on crackers or on mini pizzas, or stuffed in dates. It’s a nice substitute for goat cheese.
I thought these would be good with a little cheese inside, so I went with Boursin with herbs and added a thin slice of jalapeño. If you are not into spicy food, they are still delicious with just the Boursin. I didn’t do anything to the chicken except sprinkle a little garlic salt on it.
How do you make chicken wrapped in bacon
Step 1: Cut a chicken breast into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle with some garlic salt.
Step 2: Cut the bacon in thirds and place a piece of chicken on one end. Top the chicken with some cheese and a slice of pepper and roll it up.
Step 3: Place the roll, seam side down on a rack inside a foil/parchment lined rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. If you’re using a thicker sliced bacon, you may need a toothpick to hold it together.
Step 4: Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes until the bacon is crispy, turn them over and broil the other side.
They were easy to put together and while you might think these would be greasy, cooking them on a rack inside a rimmed cookie sheet lets all the grease drain into the pan. I did set the smoke detector off when a couple of the pieces of bacon got a little too close to the broiler, but in our house if the smoke detector goes off, that’s generally a good sign. The chicken breast I used was pretty large, so adjust accordingly. Trust me, you can’t go wrong even if you just wrap the chicken with bacon.
If you follow a low carb or keto eating plan, you will need to add these to your meal plan!
More appetizers with BACON
- Dates stuffed with spicy blue cheese are amazing
- If you like spicy, try jalapeños and chicken wrapped in bacon
- Potatoes wrapped in bacon are a delicious option
- Pull out the grill for dates wrapped in bacon
Need some more ideas for GAME DAY
- Try serving some queso dip
- Get fancy with apple pistachio sausage rolls
- Roasted grape crostini are great to munch on
- Go for traditional mini potato skins
If you make Bacon wrapped chicken bites, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 7 thin slices bacon
- 1 chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- garlic salt
- 2 ounces Boursin cheese garlic and herb
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and place wire rack inside.
- Cut chicken into one inch pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt. Cut bacon into thirds.
- To assemble, place a piece of chicken on one end of the bacon strip. Top with about 1/2 teaspoon of cheese and a jalapeño slice. Roll and place seam side down on rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the oven to broil and broil for about 2 minutes, until bacon turns crispy. Turn the pieces over and broil for another 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve with Ranch dressing.