Cheesy Muffins with Almond Flour are delicious muffins that just happens to be gluten-free and low-carb. Quick and easy to make and great with chili or for breakfast.
At times, I find that gluten-free or low-carb breads have ingredients that I don’t have on hand and have a different texture than what I’m used to. These cheesy muffins with almond flour are the exception. They come out of the oven, soft and tender and have a wonderful flavor that you might even think is better than those made with flour. The only thing you might not have is almond flour. This has become readily available everywhere, so you should be able to find it at most groceries. These, and Focaccia with Almond Flour are two breads I make that no one would suspect are gluten-free or low-carb. My family loves them. You can add any type of cheese you like, I used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella.
How do you make low-carb CHEESY MUFFINS
You can make a batch of low-carb cheesy muffins in less time then it takes your oven to pre-heat and no mixer is needed. Here are the three easy steps:
- Step one: whisk together dry ingredients in one bowl
- Step two: whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Step three: combine the wet and dry ingredients and add cheese and bake.
With just a few carbs, they work well if you follow a keto diet or are looking for gluten-free alternatives. If you’re looking for a cookbook with more keto recipes, Keto Meal Prep by Flavcity: 125+ Low Carb Recipes that Actually Taste Good has received great reviews, Bobby Parrish has a big youtube following at FlavCity with Bobby Parrish.
Another great thing to know is that they freeze well. You can just take out one or two and put them in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes to warm up and they are almost as good as when they first come out of the oven. I have been eating them with soup and chili during our first snow days here in the Carolinas. I took Bobbi’s suggestion in the comments and added 1/2 cup of cooked bacon to my last batch and it’s a great addition if you’re having them for breakfast!
If you need some CHILI or SOUP suggestions to eat with your low-carb muffins, you might like these:
- Try Chicken Chili if you need something quick
- If you have some more time, then Short Rib Chili is my favorite
- Need a dump and go chili, try Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- For something lighter, try Zesty Chicken Soup
If you are watching your carbs and want some delicious dinner ideas, give these low-carb recipes a try
- Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with cauliflower rice.
- Slow Cooker Carnitas great all by itself or try in a low-carb tortilla.
- Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken, who doesn’t love bacon!
- Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Sausage for flavor you’ll love.
If you make Cheesy Muffins, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Cheesy Muffins with Almond Flour
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream and butter until very well combined. Add to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 12 minutes