The textures and flavor are wonderful and it couldn’t be easier. If on the other hand, you want to spend more time in the kitchen, try some Short Rib Chili. I love having both on hand in my freezer this time of year, that way if you’re watching the games this weekend, you don’t have to miss a single play.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
If you make Chicken Salsa Chili, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Chicken Salsa Chili
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, 1 lb
- 3 cups fresh salsa divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 2 cups fresh/frozen corn 2-3 ears
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese 2 cups
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Top with 1 1/2 cups salsa, 1 1/2 cups water, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. When done, use 2 forks to shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker.
- Once the chicken is done, place olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add bell peppers and let cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes, turn and continue to cook until slightly softened. Remove and do the same with the corn and jalapeño. Add all to the slow cooker with remaining salsa, cream cheese and 1 cup of water. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes until the cheese has melted. Top with pepper jack cheese prior to serving.