Chicken with Pears
Chicken with pears are naturally sweetened with pears and maple syrup for a slightly sweet and savory meal the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 shallot , finely sliced
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus 4 sprigs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepepr
- chicken thighs, bone in
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- In a large ziplock, combine shallot,cider, syrup, ginger, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Add chicken and refrigerate overnight, turning to coat all the pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken and marinade in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange pieces skin side up and place pear quarters around the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally.
- Maple, only slightly adapted.