Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread chocolate chip cookies are a buttery treat that have just the right combination of chocolate chunks, salt and butter for a simple but fabulous cookie. Easily made into mini treats.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 32 1x
- 18 tablespoons SALTED butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate , cut into chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- demerara sugar
- flaky sea salt
1. With an electric mixer beat both sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and mix until combined. Add chunks of chocolate and mix just until combined.
2. Divide dough in half and place each on plastic wrap. Shape each into a 2 1/2 inch log. Wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or longer until it is firm, or 30 minutes in the freezer.
3. Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Brush the outside of the logs with beaten egg and roll in Demerara sugar. Slice into 1/2 inch rounds and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until just beginning to brown.
If making mini cookies, bake for 10-12 minutes. Will make 145 mini cookies.