Chocolate Chip Tarts are a bite size chocolate chip cookie with a bourbon flavored pecan chocolate filling. Reward yourself for being awesome with this little treat.
Natalie is always finding me recipes trying to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie, which we eventually did when we made these chocolate chip cookies with browned butter, they really are the BEST. Along the way I thought I would try making chocolate chip tarts with a chocolate chip cookie base and a filling of mini chocolate chips, pecans and bourbon. It’s a combination of a chocolate chip cookie and a pecan tart.
Bourbon added to the filling makes them even better. They’re a little more trouble than scooping out cookie dough but worth the extra steps. I think you’ll find these much more interesting than just a chocolate chip cookie.
How do you make a chocolate chip cookie tart
Basically you are making the dough for chocolate chip cookies, without the chocolate chips, and the filling for a pecan tart.
Step 1: Cream the butter and sugars and add vanilla and an egg. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
Step 3: While the cookie base is baking, make the filling. Beat brown sugar, an egg and salt together then added chopped pecans, bourbon and mini chocolate chips.
Step 4: Remove the tarts from the oven and spoon the filling on top and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
If you’ve run out of paper liners, you can spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. They will come out pretty well but I prefer the paper liners.
Variations on chocolate chip tarts
- Fill them with butter cream – The well floured kitchen
- Make it in a tart pan and then top it with ganache – Pure Wow
MORE chocolate chip recipes
- Chocolate chip shortbread cookies are a rich buttery cookie
- Gooey bars are great if you like a dessert bar
- Cookie dough brownies have chocolate chips in the brownie and also in the cookie dough frosting
- Dark raspberry bars have dark chocolate chips on top
If you make Chocolate Chip Tarts, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Adapted from Bake or Break
Chocolate Chip Tarts
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup miniature choc chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- To make the tarts: Preheat oven to 350°. Line miniature muffin pans or coat with cooking spray.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add egg and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Spoon about 1 ½ teaspoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just turning brown.
- To make the filling: Beat brown sugar, egg, and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, pecans, and vanilla and optional bourbon to taste.
- After the tarts have been baked, spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling over each tart and bake for an additional 5 minutes.