Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella with tequila, honey and sriracha, this just screams SUMMER! A great light salad for any summer day.
Peaches are great right now, even the ones you find in the grocery. Our farmers’ market is overflowing with peaches and they are available at all the roadside stands on the way to Pinehurst, so it’s the perfect time to make grilled peaches and mozzarella.
My grandparents lived in the San Joaquin valley in California, so when we would visit we were always canning peaches to bring home. We have different peaches here than in California. They are smaller and juicier, but just as sweet. (Here are some tips for how to pick a ripe peach) I love them all and incorporate them in everything I can. The last couple of weeks I have been working on grilling peaches. This summer salad utilizes the whole peach, the part that you can’t slice is used for the spicy peach sauce that goes over the mozzarella and grilled peaches.
How do you make Grilled Peaches with Mozzarella
First, you make peach rounds by cutting from top to bottom working toward the pit. I could only get two small slices per side using the small Carolina peaches. The problem is you have the rest of the peach that you don’t want to throw away, so I used all the non-pretty parts of the peach that were left over after making my slices to make the sauce.
Second, puree the extra pieces with a little onion, lime, honey, tequila, oil and sriracha.
Third, slather the slices with the sauce and grill them on the grill or on a grill pan on the stove.
Finally, once you have nice grill marks and the sauce is slightly caramelized on the peach slices, stack them with thin slices of fresh mozzarella and drizzle with the sauce. You can make individual stacks or layer the peaches and mozzarella slices on a platter.
This was so light and refreshing with just a little kick from the sriracha. I could eat this every night for dinner during peak peach season.
More peach recipes
- Peach Coleslaw
- Peach and Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Peaches and Pork Chops
- Peach Dumpling
- Baked Peach Taquitos
Here are some appetizers you might like
- Bacon and peach crostini
- Onion pastry bites
- Bite size croque monsieur
- Peach salsa
- Tomato tart
- Pimento cheese
- Spinach pinwheels
If you make Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella
- 6-8 fresh peaches
- 3 small green onions sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 limes lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons tequila
- 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- Cut peaches into ¼ inch rounds, cutting inward from the sides until you reach the pit. Reserve 1 cup of peach pieces left over after cutting the rounds. You will need about 4 peach slices per serving.
- In a food processor add 1 cup of chopped peaches, green onions, chopped cilantro, honey, salt, lime zest. lime juice from 2 limes and tequila. Process until smooth but with some small chunks. Add oil and pulse for 3-4 times until combined. Set aside.
- Spray the grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Brush peach rounds with the dressing and grill over medium high heat, 350º to 400º, about 3 minutes per side until there are grill marks.
- Layer peaches and cheese slices alternately and drizzle sauce over the top. There is enough dressing for 6 to 8 stacks of peaches.
- Peach dressing can be refrigerated for a few days.
Barbara's Tips + Notes