One Pot Macaroni and Cheese
What could be easier than one pot macaroni and cheese. Not only is clean up easy but you can prepare this in TEN MINUTES. No one will ever guess the healthy addition to this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- fresly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces elbow pasta, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 375º. Butter a baking 9 inch round or square baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together cottage cheese, milk, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper until well blended. Once blended, add all but 1/4 cup cheese and blend just a bit more.
- Pour into a large bowl with uncooked pasta. Combine and pour into prepared pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and STIR, sprinkle with reserved cheese and dot with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until browned. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
If using a food processor, save even more time and grate your cheese first, remove it to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.