Start out your weekend with an EASY but fabulous dinner. Pasta with Italian Sausage is creamy and full of flavor but just takes a few quick steps so you can enjoy a relaxing evening.
I had a busy Friday and didn’t want to make anything too complicated for dinner, so I asked Mike to pick up some freshly made bucatini at the Italian market and I would come up with something simple for dinner, pasta with Italian sausage.
Bucatini is one of my favorite shaped pastas and our Italian market has it fresh everyday. The hollow center of the spaghetti shaped pasta is perfect for sauces.
For this simple pasta dish, I started with Italian sausage and added fresh rosemary while it was cooking. Once browned, I removed it and in the same skillet, I sautéd mushrooms and then added a little wine.
Then I added the sausage back to the skillet with some cream and a little more rosemary. With a splash of lemon, we had the most delicious pasta with very little effort. Don’t forget to add a bit of the pasta water to the dish, it will help the sauce absorb into the pasta.
How do you make pasta with Italian sausage and mushrooms
Step 1: Cook the sausage in a large skillet and mash some chopped rosemary into it while it’s cooking. Once cooked through remove it to a paper towel lined plate and then put it in a bowl and pour the cream over the top.
Step 2: Sauté the mushrooms and then add some garlic and white wine and let it cook off. Add the sausage cream mixture back to the skillet along with a little pasta water and let it simmer.
Step 3: Pour the sausage mixture over the cooked pasta and squeeze a lemon over the top and sprinkle some parmesan on top.
It only uses 1/2 cup of wine so you’ll have the rest of the bottle to enjoy with your meal. This is one of of those recipes that’s so simple and takes very little thought, which is nice after a long day at the office. It’s one we make over and over again and it’s always a hit.
It’s also great reheated for leftovers!
Looking for more dinner recipes with Italian sausage
- Pasta alla vodka
- Penne with artichokes
- Sausage pie with apples
- Baked rice with Italian sausages
- Stuffed acorn squash
- Mushroom pasta soup
- Sausage quiche
- Spinach stuffed shells
What goes with pasta
- Spinach salad
- Green beans with pancetta
- Orange and burrata salad
- Veggies in parchment paper
Pasta with Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb pasta bucatini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Remove casing from sausage and place in skillet. Add 1 teaspoon of rosemary and mash it into the sausage with the back of a wooden spoon while breaking up the sausage into small pieces. Continue to cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. When slightly cooled, place in a bowl and pour cream over it. Set aside.
- Cook pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, return the skillet to medium heat and if needed add some olive oil and then mushrooms. Saute, stirring often until soft and browned about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and pepper, cook for about 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook until completely evaporated.
- Add sausage cream mixture to mushroom mixture along with 1/2 cup of reserved water and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring until incorporated.
- Add sauce to pasta along with lemon juice and serve.