Sometimes I forget how quick and easy pork chops can be, but you have to admit, they sound kind of boring and we’ve all had dried out overcooked pork chops. Baked pork chops with peaches are so easy, simple and delicious that I don’t know why they haven’t been in my dinner rotation. The juices from the sweet roasted peaches combine with the pork chops while they roast together in the oven. Did I mention that these are cooked on a sheet pan in the oven, so you only have 1 pan to clean up afterwards.
Natalie wanted to know why we don’t eat pork chops more. I blame it on Mike, when he was in the Navy, many years ago, they had overcooked pork chops a lot so it’s not his first choice. However, he has decided he now loves pork chops with peaches.
You can prep these in less than 10 minutes. All you have to do is slice the peaches, leaving the skins on and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. That’s it! The flavors are great even though you’re just using salt and pepper. I use bone-in pork chops and try to find peaches that are ready to eat for the sweetest flavor you can find. (Check out my tips on how to choose ripe peaches) We prefer a pork chop that’s about one inch thick, if they are thicker, you’ll need to cook them a bit longer.
Why should you make Pork Chops with Peaches
- You only have 1 pan to clean
- You can prep them in less than 10 minutes
- It’s a healthy dinner
- Pork chops are inexpensive
- They are tender and juicy
- Peaches with pork are delicious
What is the internal temperature for pork chops
More PEACH recipes
- Baked Peach Chicken Taquitos
- Peach coffee cake
- Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella
- Peach Dutch Baby Pancake
- Bacon Peach Jam
- Peach wrapped in pastry
- Peach and blueberry bundt cake
- Peach coleslaw
- Peach galette
If you make Pork Chops with Peaches be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
Pork Chops with Peaches
- 4 Bone-in pork chops
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 peaches sliced into large wedges
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Toss onions and pork chops with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on rimmed baking sheet with onions on one side and pork chops on the other. Roast for 8 minutes.
- While the pork chops are roasting, slice peaches into wedges and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Remove from oven and place peaches beside but not on top of the the pork chops. Turn oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes until the pork chops and peaches start to look charred and the pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145º.If you are using thin pork chops you may need to remove them and put the peaches back in to continue to broil.
- If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.