Cheesecake Brownie Bites a one bite treat that you will love. A sturdy brownie base with a cheesecake filling make these great for a party or to take to your next get together at work.
While I love my chocolate muffins with their cheesecake filling, they are really more of a cupcake then a brownie. I wanted to try the same type of flavors but with a sturdier base. These captured the essence of the cupcake, but since there is a brownie base, they are much sturdier. I like these in the mini form possibly more than my chocolate muffins. They are great to send to school or to an event, and small enough to pop the whole thing in your mouth. I am taking them to a luncheon this week and will see if others agree with me.Print
Cheesecake Brownie Bites
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plust 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Add melted butter to the dry ingredients, add the vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick and shiny, add flour and mix until it’s well incorporated. Fold chocolate chips into the brownie batter and briefly set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the cheesecake swirl.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of brownie batter into each mini-muffin tin. Add about ½ tablespoon of the cheesecake batter to each well. Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the muffin-tin. Makes about 32.