Ranch Buttermilk chicken is a quick and easy grilled chicken recipe using ranch dressing and buttermilk, perfect for a summer cook-out.
We grill as much as possible once the days start getting longer. I had chicken that I was just going to throw on the grill but found this recipe which was easy and a nice change. Ranch Buttermilk Chicken is so simple to make and you can have dinner on the table in no time. The buttermilk makes the chicken tender and the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and fresh rosemary give it so much flavor. It didn’t hurt that Mike cooked it perfectly on the grill. This was an easy no-fail dinner that everyone loved. Perfect for a summer cook-out. I added my favorite hot sauce, made here in the Carolinas. If you haven’t tried Cackalacky, you should give it a try. It has a great mix of spices and adds a nice bite. Plus I love supporting North Carolina companies. Taylor introduced this to us when she tried it at a cooking camp she attended a few years ago and we have been fans from the first taste.
How do you make Ranch Buttermilk Chicken
- Marinate the chicken in buttermilk and ranch dressing for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them for 15 minutes to prevent the sticks from burning.
- Preheat the grill to medium high and spray with cooking spray. Cook for about 5-10 minutes per side until the internal temperature is close to 165º.
More great recipes you can make on the GRILL
- Grilled Quesadillas with Shrimp and Corn
- Tequila Chicken
- Spiral Cut Hotdogs
- Mustard Drumsticks with Peach Glaze
- Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella
If you make this Peach Streusel Coffee Cake be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Ranch Buttermilk Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cackalacky sauce
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Combine the remaining ingredients for marinade. Thread chicken on to skewers and pour marinade over the chicken and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat grill to medium high and spray with cooking spray. Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side, flipping halfway. Remove with internal temperature is close to 165º.