Cauliflower roasted with pine nuts and golden raisins adds a bit of sweetness to an already delicious way to cook cauliflower. If you haven’t tried roasting cauliflower, give this recipe a try, it will win you over.
After making all of Taylor’s favorite comfort foods for the last month, I was searching for something a little lighter to go with dinner. Nana was riding in the car with me to Pinehurst and I had her look through a new cookbook I had picked up to see what she could find. We decided we would try this recipe as it didn’t look like it took too much effort and I liked the idea of golden raisins.
We were right, this was super easy. While we thought it would be good, I wasn’t prepared for how the slightly sweet raisins and garlic complimented the roasted cauliflower. We all loved this so much that there was not a crumb left in the bowl. Even Nana was crazy about it. Who would have thought to add raisins to cauliflower. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. We will be making it a lot this summer.Print
Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Raisins
Cauliflower roasted with pine nuts and golden raisons adds a bit of sweetness to an already delicious way to cook cauliflower. If you haven’t tried roasting cauliflower, give this recipe a try, it will win you over.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegetable
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400º. Cover raisins with boiling water in a small bowl, let stand for 5 minutes until plump and drain.
- Cut cauliflower into equal-size florets and place in large bowl. Add pine nuts, olive oil and thyme and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of cauliflower are toasted.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, microwave butter and garlic in a small glass bowl for 30 seconds. Stir in raisins and breadcrumbs.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and turn oven to broil. Toss raisin mixture with cauliflower and broil for about 2 minutes until golden.