Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars with a little chocolate thrown in are just the thing for car rides or cook outs, but also easy to ship.
I think Natalie is getting a little homesick and ready for Thanksgiving. So to help get her through the next couple of weeks, I decided to try shipping a type of Rice Krispie treat. While I like peanut butter, sometimes I think it can overwhelm some desserts. For this recipe, I used pecans instead of peanuts and it was just the perfect mix for me. (Natalie feels that peanuts would have been better than pecans) I love the chocolate crunchy texture and they are so easy to make. I froze them before shipping to keep the chocolate from melting and it seems to have worked. She reported that they arrived in perfect shape and the chocolate had not melted.
I’m surprised I had any left to mail, as I kept taking bites while I was photographing. Then while waiting in line at the UPS store, I had several folks try to talk me into sharing.
Rice Krispie Chocolate Squares
- Category: Dessert
- 10 ½ ounces minature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- I1. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In an 8 cup or larger microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Cover and microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until marshmallows are melted. Stir and add the last two ingredients right away.
- Quickly spread into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours before cutting.