Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars with a little chocolate thrown in are just the thing for car rides or cook outs, but also easy to ship.
I think Natalie is getting a little homesick and ready for Thanksgiving. So to help get her through the next couple of weeks, I decided to try shipping some peanut butter Rice Krispie bars.
While I like peanut butter, sometimes I think it can overwhelm some desserts. For this recipe, I added pecan and it was just the perfect mix for me. (Natalie feels that peanuts would have been better than pecans)
I love the chocolate crunchy texture and they are so easy to make. I froze them before shipping to keep the chocolate from melting and it seems to have worked. She reported that they arrived in perfect shape and the chocolate had not melted. I would not try this if it’s the middle of summer.
How do you make peanut butter Rice Krispie bars
Step 1: In a large microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter, marshmallows, butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes until the marshmallows have melted.
Step 2: Immediately add Rice Krispies and chopped nuts and stir until combined.
Step 3: Dump into a greased 8 x 8 square pan and spread it out with a spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours, before cutting.
These have the consistency of a Rice Krispie treat but the peanut butter and chocolate add another dimension.
I’m surprised I had any left to mail, as I kept taking bites while I was photographing. Then while waiting in line at the UPS store, I had several folks try to talk me into sharing.
Looking for more dessert bar recipes
- Peanut butter brownies
- Apple bars
- Apricot coconut bars
- Perfect brownies
- Pistachio bars
- Raspberry bars
- Cherry streusel bars
- Blondies with sprinkles
- Pecan bars
- Praline brownies
- No bake peanut butter bars
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars
- 10 ½ ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In an 8 cup or larger microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Cover and microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until marshmallows are melted. Stir and add the last two ingredients right away.
- Quickly spread into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours before cutting.
Leave a Reply