Roasted Cauliflower with Browned Butter
Roasted Cauliflower is even better with some browned butter. Add a little spicy and some pumpkin seeds for a great side dish.
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: side
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼–½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450º. Sprinkle olive oil to coat a rimmed baking sheet.
- Slice cauliflower into ½ inch slices. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until bottoms are browned. Turn and season with additional salt and pepper and continue to cook until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes longer.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, place the butter in a small skillet over medium heat with pumpkin seeds until butter is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes. Let cool slightly. Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Pour over cooked cauliflower.
- Bon Appetit December 2015