Mini Potato Skins
Mini Potato Skins are loaded with bacon and cheese and baked for an easy crispy appetizer. Perfect for game day or any gathering.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 40 1x
- Category: appetizer
- 1 ½ lbs baby Dutch yellow potatoes, 20 2 inch potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- sour cream
- fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425º. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place whole potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely on the baking sheet, about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Slice cool potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the potato, leaving enough to hold it together. Place upside down on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn potatoes over and bake until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Fill with cheese and bacon and return to the oven just until cheese melts. Remove and top with sour cream and chives.