This easy buffalo chicken dip is an all time favorite game day appetizer. With homemade buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, it’s a must for any party. Use rotisserie chicken and a quick and easy Buffalo sauce for that “hot wing” taste.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, then you’ll love Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo chicken dip. It has all the flavor without the messy wings. You can adjust the heat by increasing or decreasing the hot sauce.
Don’t you just love a warm dip while watching an exciting game, or just chilling with your favorite movie. Whether it’s a hot onion dip or classic artichoke dip or a simple queso, warm dips are the best comfort food.
If you want to throw in a cold dip try a French onion dip but add caramelized onions if you want to really impress!
Since my Buffalo chicken wings are such a big hit every time I make them, I thought, I’ld try my homemade Buffalo sauce in a baked Buffalo chicken dip. While you can make this chicken dip with just Frank’s RedHot sauce, it will be even better if you take an extra five minutes and make the homemade sauce.
If you’re going to serve this at a party, get some helpful tips along with 25 delicious game day appetizer recipes to choose from.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- It’s easy to fix with just a few ingredients
- It tastes great even when it cools to room temperature
- You can easily adjust how spicy to make it
- With cream cheese and two types of cheese, it’s both creamy and cheesy
- It’s great with crackers and chips or carrots and celery
- I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love it
- Frank’s Red Hot and Texas Pete -adding 2 different types of hot sauce gives it a more complex flavor.
- Butter, brown sugar and vinegar – added to the hot sauce for the best Buffalo wing sauce around.
Along with Buffalo sauce, you just need a few ingredients
- Rotisserie chicken – shredded, you can also use cooked chicken breasts.
- Cream cheese – this makes it creamy
- White cheddar and American cheese – adding American cheese will help keep it smooth and creamy as it cools. Get the American cheese from the deli in your grocery
- Ranch dressing – bottled not powder or you can make homemade ranch
- Garlic and green onions.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip with Frank’s Hot Sauce
Step 1 – make the sauce
Check out the post on homemade Buffalo Sauce for directions.
Step 2 – start with cooked shredded chicken
Start with an oven poof skillet, or you can use a regular skillet and transfer it to an oven proof baking dish. Saute the garlic and add the shredded chicken.
Step 3 – make it gooey
Once the chicken is warm, add the cream cheese and simmer until it’s melted, add ranch dressing and combine.
Step 4 – add some cheese
Top with cheese and bake in an oven proof skillet or pour into a glass baking dish and cover with cheese and bake.
Step 5 – bake
Once it’s bubbly, place under the broiler for a minute to brown. Top with green onions and serve with your favorite dippers.
Pro tip: Transfer your dip to a slow cooker, set it on warm and you’ll find that your dip is easy peasy, never gets cold!
If you want something a little lighter but with the same flavor, try making quick and easy Buffalo chicken bites, no need to dip, the filling is baked inside a scoop!
How to serve Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- You can serve buffalo dip with some tortilla chips or try these delicious herbed pita chips!
- Challah rolls are a great soft option to enjoy your warm dip with too!
- If you want something crunchy to scoop up in your hand for guests to munch on, try some homemade Chex mix, it has tons of flavor.
If you find yourself cooking with chicken a lot and want to know for sure that your chicken is cooked thoroughly, head to my informational page on ways to make sure your chicken is cooked all the way but still remains juicy and delicious.
Storing Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
How long is buffalo chicken dip good for?
You can place the dip in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
You can freeze the chicken dip, just wait until it’s completely cool before freezing. Thaw it in the fridge and then reheat in the crock pot, microwave or oven.
Franks Red Hot Buffalo Dip FAQs
You can substitute ½ cup of hot sauce if you’re in a hurry, but it’s better with the homemade Buffalo sauce and it only takes about 5 minutes.
You can use cooked chicken breasts, you’ll find instructions on how to cook chicken breasts on my chicken chili post.
It’s just as good in either. You can even divide it into individual ramekins.
Buffalo chicken dip can be made in advance and refrigerated before baking. Let it warm to room temperature before placing in the oven.
Using your slow cooker to help keep it warm while enjoying it at a gathering takes the pressure off of checking on your dip. However, if you don’t have the option, if the chicken dip gets cold, just place it back in the oven for 5 minutes or warm it in the microwave.
More Game Day appetizers you’ll love
If you loved this recipe, give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #butterandbaggage and tagging me @butterandbaggage.
Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Add chicken, and buffalo sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and add cream cheese cook until melted. Add ranch dressing. Top with cheese or Pour into a 1 quart baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and is bubbly around the edges, about 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook until brown, about 2 minutes.
Barbara’s Tips + Notes
- I have provided you with complete directions and ingredients to make your own homemade Buffalo sauce.
- You can use cooked chicken breasts instead of rotisserie chicken
- This can be made in an iron skillet or glass baking dish
- Serve with crackers, chips, celery or carrots
- You can re-heat in the microwave or in the oven
- Buffalo chicken dip can be prepared in advance, refrigerate and then let come to room temperature before baking