Chicken with Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Chicken with Mozzarella and Tomatoes is simple and easy but has so much flavor you’ll want to make it for company. Tomatoes roasted in a slightly sweetened balsamic glaze transforms the chicken into a fabulous dish that everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1–2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella ch
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Season chicken liberally with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Place in hot skillet and cook until cooked through and temperature has reached 170º, about 6-8 minutes per side depending on thickness of the chicken. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
2. In the same skillet over medium low heat, add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt to taste. Simmer until tomatoes are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in basil.
3. Return chicken to the pan and top with mozzarella. Cover to allow the cheese to melt.