Lemon Chicken with Roasted Potatoes is simple and delicious. Easy for a weeknight dinner or for special guests. A family favorite.
This dish looked so appetizing in the magazine that I couldn’t wait to try it. The recipe called for legs and thighs with the bone in. They were so tender and juicy. I tried a boneless chicken breast and didn’t cook it as long, but it just wasn’t near as moist and tender as the other pieces. The sauce was simple but flavorful. It was quick to put together, all the work was done in the oven. The lemon juices penetrated the potatoes which were nice and crispy. This would be great for guests as you can put it in the oven and forget about it. Sometimes a few simple ingredients are all you need.
Adapted from Southern Living January 2014
Lemon Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon about ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce capers
- 1 lemons sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons rosemary finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil up to 2 tbsp
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in with skin on
- 1 lbs red potatoes quartered
- Oven Proof Skillet
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, capers, sliced lemon, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place oven proof skillet over medium high heat and add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, salt and pepper chicken and place skin side down in skillet. Add cut up potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until browned.
- Turn chicken over in the pan and pour over lemon mixture. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes are brown. (Chicken should be at least 175º)