English Muffin Melts are great for breakfast when you have a crowd. Egg salad on top of an English muffin toasted with gooey cheese and sprinkled with bacon.
I love breakfast quiche and french toast, but on Thanksgiving day, I wanted to find something not quite so heavy and something easy, just like English Muffin Melts. I set Natalie to search for something and she went to her favorite, The Pioneer Woman. We’ve never tried anything from her that wasn’t delicious.
What is a make an English Muffin Melt
Basically this is egg salad on an English muffin that is topped with cheese and bacon and then toasted. The muffin is crispy and the egg salad is warm with gooey cheese on top and of course bacon!
How do you make these make ahead muffin melts
Step 1: Boil some eggs and make egg salad. I like sweet pickles in my egg salad, but I wouldn’t add it to this egg salad, I think it would be weird heated. This can be made days ahead of time.
Step 2: Cook the bacon and grate the cheese.
Step 3: In the morning let everyone assemble their muffin and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes.
I should start this post by saying that Natalie hates eggs, but she will eat them hard boiled. So this was perfect for her. She prepared the topping the night before and when we were ready to eat, we just spread the topping on an English muffin and put it in the toaster oven. They were delicious, not too heavy and required no effort on Thanksgiving morning and everyone could toast theirs when they got up. I ate them the next two mornings also. I like them even more with a spicy cheese like pepper jack or cheddar with peppers.
These are perfect if you have a house full of people and don’t want to fuss in the kitchen all morning. Of course they would also be great if you are having breakfast for dinner.
Need some more breakfast ideas
- Try some eggs baked in prosciutto cups for a low carb option
- Make an apple and sausage pie
- Sausage balls are a crowd pleaser made the traditional way or with almond flour
- Hide some eggs in puff pastry
If you make English Muffin Melts, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
English Muffin Melts
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 4 split English muffins
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Add chopped eggs and cheese and stir until just combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on split English muffin and top with extra cheese and bacon pieces if desired. Place on the lower rack in the oven. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until cheese melts and muffins are slightly toasted. Watch carefully.