Pasta with Crisped Prosciutto, Asparagus and Scallops is fresh and light and comes together in just 20 minutes. You’ll love the light cream sauce flavored with crisped prosciutto. Great for a week night dinner but fancy enough for company.
While loving pasta, I am not a huge red sauce fan and most other sauces can be rich and heavy but not the light and flavorful sauce on pasta with prosciutto and scallops. This sauce has phenomenal with crisped prosciutto and only a little cream. The sauce, while memorable, won’t overpower the delicate scallops.
I added fresh local asparagus from the farmer’s market, but even in the middle of winter this is a great dish. I also try to use the best prosciutto since it will add so much flavor to the sauce. This was really quick to put together, just be prepared to serve it right away so the scallops don’t get cold.
To pull this off, cook the asparagus first and set it aside. Then while you are cooking the pasta, make the sauce. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pot and pour the sauce on top with the asparagus. Toss the pasta with the sauce and cover the pot to keep it warm while you cook the scallops. They only take a couple of minutes. As soon as they’re done, you can serve it immediately and your pasta will still be hot.
How do you make pasta with prosciutto and scallops
Step 1: Boil the asparagus and set aside.
Step 2: Boil the pasta.
Step 3: While the pasta is cooking, sauté the prosciutto until crisp, add some onions and garlic. When soft, add wine and reduce, then add in a little cream and a little pasta water and pour over the cooked pasta. Add asparagus and toss to coat the pasta.
Step 4: Sauté scallops in a little olive oil until lightly browned and serve over the pasta.
This dish only takes about 20 minutes and you have a fabulous dish for family or friends.
Looking for more Pasta dinners
- Pasta with shrimp and corn
- Bake pasta and cauliflower
- Penne with artichokes
- Pasta and Italian sausage
- Southwest spaghetti
- Pasta alla vokda
- Pasta and summer squash
What goes great with Pasta and scallops
Adapted from Gather and Dine
Pasta with Prosciutto and Scallops
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inc lengths
- 1 lb pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb scallops
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces prosciutto diced
- ¼ cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add asparagus, boil for 3-5 minutes or until slightly crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Bring fresh water to a boil and add pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add prosciutto and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove 1/4 cup for topping. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes, add garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional minute. Add wine, scraping up any browned bits. Boil and reduce to about 2 tablespoons. Add cream and reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Cook until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Add to the pot with the pasta, add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Dry scallops with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops one at a time and sear until browned on one side, 3-4 minutes. Turn and sear for another 2-3 minutes.
- Top pasta with scallops and sprinkle with reserved prosciutto.