Peach Blackberry Bars
Peach Blackberry Bars are just the thing when you can’t decide if you want cobbler or a bar. Warm, they have the texture of a cobbler, but cooled, they are like a bar with a moist cake like texture that is bursting with peaches and blackberries. Toasted pecans in the top layer give them a nice crunch and bourbon mixed with the peaches make this an AWESOME dessert.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3¼ cups flour, divided
- 3 6oz pkg blackberries about 4 cups
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 cup toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350º and butter and flour a 9X13 pan.
2. Beat butter with brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
3. Stir together baking powder, salt and 3 cups flour. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended Spread 3/4’s of batter in pan and sprinkle with blackberries.
4. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl; add peaches and bourbon, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture over blackberries.
5. Stir pecans into remaining batter and dollop over peach mixture.
6. Bake for 1 hour until golden and bubbly. (mine took 50 minutes). Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve warm like a cobbler or cool and cut into bars.
You can easily 1/2 the recipe.