You don’t have to miss out on burgers this Memorial Day just because you don’t have a grill. You’ll love these savory Pineapple Burgers that are cooked in a skillet on the stove.
You don’t have to grill out to get fantastic burgers. If you don’t have a grill outside your back door, or maybe it’s covered in snow, you may not think of making burgers. However, I discovered these gems this winter when it was just too dreary and cold to go outside, and we loved them. Taylor loves pineapple on anything so she was my inspiration. Full of so much flavor you won’t miss the smokey grilled taste.
How do you make hamburgers in a skillet
You start by seasoning the hamburger, make them into patties and cook them until they are the temperature you like. Remove the burgers and saute some onions and mushrooms in the drippings. Once soft and tender, add the surprise ingredient, pineapple slices. Cook them a bit until they are golden brown and then add the burgers back to the pan and top with cheese. I used my handy dandy pineapple slicer. Seriously if you don’t own one, you should put it on your list. It makes cutting a pineapple so simple that you’ll never buy canned slices again.
The result is a burger on top of a pineapple slice covered with onions, mushrooms and melty cheese. Everyone knows that I love a great burger and how can you not love this doctored up version. If you are watching your carbs, you’ll love these, they don’t need a bun and in fact are too juicy for one.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a medium bowl combine hamburger, worcestesrshire sauce, soy sauce, seasonings, bread crumbs and egg yolk. Mix well and form into 4 ½ inch patties.
- 2.In a large skillet on medium high, cook hamburger patties until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Don’t over cook. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- 3.If needed, add a little olive oil to the skillet and saute onions and mushrooms until cooked through. Add pineapple and cook on both sides until slightly browned and heated through. Place hamburger patties on pineapple slices and spoon onion and mushrooms over the top of the burgers. Add provolone cheese slices and cover the pan. Cook until cheese has melted
Leave a Reply