Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sliders are just the right size for game day. A spicy and slightly sweet sauce coat these mini burgers. A quick and easy alternative to burger night.
Sliders seem so much better for you than a huge hamburger, however, when they’re so good that you eat three of them, I think it ends up being about the same. If not healthier they are at least more fun. If you’re looking for something healthier, BBQ Chicken Sliders are pretty awesome. If you haven’t had sliders before, you are missing out. A slider is just a minature sandwich, and we love anything that’s mini!
Why should you make SLIDERS
- You get all the great taste in a smaller portion
- You can make them with hamburger, chicken or pork
- They’re great for Game Day, the perfect party food
- The toppings and sauces are endless
For Spicy BBQ Bourbon Sliders, I wanted to see how my challah rolls would hold up to a saucy burger so I tried a spicy bourbon sauce. The rolls were perfect! They were sturdy enough to keep everything together but soft and fluffy at the same time.
What is the best BREAD for sliders
- For Smash Burgers, try a sweeter bread like Hawaiian Rolls
- For a juicier sliders like these Bourbon Sliders or Slow Cooker Chicken Sliders, try a sturdier Challah Roll
- Buttermilk Biscuits work great for Pulled Pork Carnitas
If you’re not making your own bread, you can use Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls from the grocery.
How do you make BBQ hamburger sliders
Step 1: Add seasoning to ground chuck, use ground chuck for burgers because the fat gives them more flavor. Form the hamburger into mini burgers and press your thumb in the center. This will give them a flatter shape.
Step 2: Remove the cooked mini burgers to a plate and add onions. Sauté onions and remove from heat and add bourbon. You might have flames, so make sure you have turned off your gas stove if cooking on one. They only last a second and then you can return the pan to the heat to cook off the rest of the alcohol leaving the great bourbon flavor.
Step 3: Add barbeque sauce and cooked burgers back to the skillet and let simmer for a few minutes.
Step 4: Serve on Challah Rolls or your favorite slider rolls with some cheddar cheese.
I loved the slightly sweet, bourbon infused, spicy sauce. I used Rufus Teague Honey BBQ sauce which is one of my favorites. A little cheddar was just what they needed to absorb some of the heat from the jalepenos. Since the sauce is slightly sweet, the Challah Rolls were better than Hawaiian Rolls which is what I normally use for sliders.
I did have flames coming from the pan after I added the bourbon the first time I made them. I would suggest turning off the heat and slowly adding the bourbon to the skillet. If I haven’t convinced you yet to make sliders, you can also make these into meatballs.
What should you serve with hamburger sliders
There’s nothing better than creamy Macaroni & Cheese to go with the spicy barbeque sauce. Oven roasted Crispy New Potatoes and Onions are also a favorite or pair it with a healthy Fruit Salad with Lime Dressing.
Looking for more BOURBON recipes
- Bacon Peach Jam seasoned with bourbon is great on burgers or with goat cheese
- Bourbon adds some extra flavor to Boubon Glazed Carrots
- Bourbon is great with sweet potatoes in Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole
If you make this Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sliders, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
I might receive income from links that you click on. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
Inspired by The Pioneer Woman Cooks A Year of Holiday
Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sliders
- 2 lbs Ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup jalapeno slices drained
- 1 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Add Worcestershire sauce to hamburger and salt and pepper to taste. Form into 12 small patties. Make a well with your thumb in the center of each to keep them from being too plump when cooking.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook on both sides until almost done. Remove to a plate and add onions to the skillet. Cook until softened about 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and slowly add bourbon. Since the pan is hot it will flame and burn off fairly quickly. Once the alcohol has burned off return to burner and cook until reduced by half. Reduce to low and add barbecue sauce, jalapeños and a little juice from the jar if desired.
- Add the patties back to the skillet and spoon sauce over the patties. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.