Try Sausage and Peppers on a busy week night and amaze your family and friends with an amazing dish that comes together so quickly. Just a few ingredients and you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
We’re having an overcast day but the forecast looks great for the weekend. We’ll probably grill out, but if you want to cook indoors this weekend and need something quick, easy, and fabulous, then you will love this version of Italian Sausage and Peppers.
It’s a simple dish but still full of flavor from whatever Italian sausage you choose and the fresh peppers that are abundant. I used red and yellow ones for this dish and hot Italian sausage to make it a little more interesting. It’s great served over pasta or on a pretzel roll, or just eaten by itself. It’s so quick you can make it during the week in just about 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of the time letting all the flavors simmer while you enjoy a glass of wine.
This is one of those meals that’s great to have in your back pocket for those nights when you’re tired and can’t come up with something to fix for dinner. At my house, it’s something everyone likes. Have some fresh bread on hand to soak up the yummy sauce.
Sausage and Peppers
Try Sausage and Peppers on a busy week night and amaze your family and friends with an amazing dish that comes together so quickly. Just a few ingredients and you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.Print Pin
- 4 Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet with a lid. When hot, add sausages and slowly brown on all sides. Remove the sausages from the skillet and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high and add onions and peppers to the same skillet. Toss to cook with oil, stirring often. Once softened, add salt and garlic. Cook for an additional minute. Add wine and let it cook down by half.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add sausages back to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cover, cooking until sausages are heated through about 20 minutes.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2130IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg