White Chocolate Pretzel Bark is an irresistible treat with salty pretzels covered in toffee and white chocolate. It’s much easier than you might think and great to give for a GIFT.
One of my favorite treats to give away or send to college students is dark chocolate caramel bark. However, white chocolate pretzel bark is just as fantastic. I’ve made the dark chocolate version so many times and with lots of variations, using different combinations of dark and milk chocolate, adding nuts or bacon and topped with salt. I’ve never met anyone that could resist it.
One of my biggest fans mentioned that he has to watch his caffeine, so he can’t eat this late at night. I decided to make a completely different version using white chocolate which has no caffeine. I saw a bark recipe where they used pretzels instead of graham crackers so I tried it and while good, I thought it needed a lot of work. So I changed the amount of brown sugar and white chocolate and ended up with an amazing white chocolate toffee version.
INGREDIENTS for white chocolate pretzel bark
You won’t believe it but you only need FOUR ingredients for this white chocolate bark recipe: mini pretzels, butter, brown sugar and white chocolate. For the white chocolate, my first choice is Lindt bars, second is Ghirardelli bars, and in a pinch use Ghirardelli white chocolate chips..
Is almond bark the same as white chocolate
Almond bark is nothing like white chocolate. It’s made of vegetable fat, flavors and colors. NOT what you want to put on this delicious toffee bark. White chocolate on the other hand is made up of cocoa butter, milk solids and sugar, they may both be white, but that’s about the only thing they have in common.
What’s the DIFFERENCE between caramel and toffee
There are several difference between caramel and toffee. Caramel has cream and is cooked to a lower temperature, 248º, the texture is softer and chewy. While Toffee is made with sugar and butter and is cooked to 300º. It is typically hard which makes it perfect for bark.
How do you MAKE white chocolate toffee bark
Step 1: Start by putting pretzels onto a lined cookie sheet, they will overlap some.
Step 2: Make the toffee mixture by heating up butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Don’t stir it. The first time around, I didn’t cook the toffee quite long enough and it was a little grainy. One way to prevent this is to use a candy thermometer and cook until it reaches 300º.
Step 3: While the toffee and pretzels are baking, carefully heat the white chocolate in the microwave at fifty percent power and then pour it over the hot toffee pretzel layer. Before it cools add sprinkles if you want it to look festive.
I love white chocolate, but it’s so much sweeter than dark. The sweetness in this candy is offset by the salty pretzels. I took this to work one day, so I had multiple testers. The first, declared it the best thing he had ever eaten and decided he would be making it for Christmas gifts this year. Red and green sprinkles were perfect! All testers were unanimous giving this a thumbs up.
My mother-in-law loves white chocolate so this is one of her favorites. If you love white chocolate her are some more recipes you might enjoy.
More WHITE CHOCOLATE recipes
- White chocolate chex mix is great to give for gifts
- Brownies with white chocolate chips
- Cookies with macadamia nuts and white chocolate
- Raspberries are great with white chocolate in these bars
If you make White Chocolate Pretzel Bark, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! I would love to see your creation.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please know that I only provide links to things that I use on a regular basis and think you might find helpful.
White Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- 6 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounces white chocolate coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 10 x 15 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread pretzels on parchment paper, they can overlap.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for about 3 minutes, until a candy thermometer reads 300º. Do not stir. Pour over pretzel layer and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the pretzels are baking, place white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl and microwave on medium power for 2-3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Remove pretzel mixture from the oven and drizzle white chocolate over the top. If adding sprinkles, do so while it’s still hot. Let cool slightly and then place in freezer for about 15 minutes until set. Remove and break into pieces.