How do you make a quiche using sweet potatoes as the crust:
How do you make a perfect quiche every time
Quiche is easy to make all you need is the right proportion of egg to milk. To make a perfect quiche every time, add 6 eggs to a measuring bowl and add enough cream so that you have a total of 3 cups. That will be about 1 1/2 cups of cream but it will vary depending on the size of your eggs.
More recipes with SWEET POTATOES
- Add them to breakfast in a perfectly moist muffin
- Include sweet potatoes in chili for a hearty meal
- Sweeten up some biscuits with sweet potatoes
- Throw them in a breakfast burrito
Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- 1-2 sweet potatoes Peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups spinach
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups cream
- 1 cup gruyere
- 1 cup cheddar/mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Coat sweet potato slices with a tablespoon of melted butter and place in a 9 inch pie dish. Overlap the slices with the slices going up the sides of the pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the slices are no longer firm.
- In a skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add spinach and a pinch of salt and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add eggs to a large measuring bowl and add enough cream/milk so that the total volume is 3 cups. Whisk until well combined. Add cheese, bacon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour over the baked sweet potato slices. Turn oven down to 375º and bake for 40-50 minutes until center no longer jiggles. Let cool slightly before serving.